Self-Healing Ability ~
Complementary treatments can work perfect alongside regular treatments and can be used to help improve psychological and emotional wellbeing as well as reducing the impact of treatment-related side effects. They are not used to treat the causes and symptoms but aim to improve your emotional and physical wellbeing throughout treatment to make you feel more comfortable, in a better emotional state and more relaxed which helps to activate your self-healing ability.
Difference between complementary and alternative treatments ~
Complementary treatments and alternative treatments are very different. It’s important you know this so you can make informed decisions. Complementary treatments can used alongside regional treatments. They do not claim to cure but can boost a patient’s physical or emotional health. They can also help to alleviate symptoms and side effects. Alternative treatments are used instead of regular treatments. Always tell your medical team about any treatments you follow.
Complementary treatments tend to share a few core beliefs, including:
• Illness occurs if the body is out of balance.
• The body can heal itself and maintain a healthy state if given the right conditions.
• The whole person should be treated, not just the disease or the symptoms.
• The gentlest therapies must be tried first before harsher ones.
• There is no quick fix, since healing and balance take time.
• Natural products are preferable to synthetic ones