Mimulus is the remedy for known fears. Whenever you are frightened or anxious about something, and you can say what that ‘something’ is, then Mimulus is the remedy to take.
Horses that are more like shy and timid or have anxiety for things you can appoint, are in fact the conditions of a Mimulus imbalance. For example they are afraid of loud sounds, firework, a certain corner, flapping plastic, water, strangers, the vet, etc. Other signs include horses who may shake or flee when confronted, or become nervous in restless situations, or horses who react fearfully towards other animals, objects or specific situations. This is often the case with traumatized horses and they will be in need for Star of Bethlehem and maybe other remedies as well.
The essence of Mimulus is that throughout time it will bring back your horse’s courage and confidence which will help them enjoy life, and open up to new adventures that they will enter with bravery. Once in balance, they can learn, develop and grow in a positive way.
Things to look for:
- Fearful body language, such as head shying and wide or rolling eyes
- Fear-based aggression, such as rearing up and kicking out with the hind feet
- Attempts to avoid specific people or situations, such as the farrier or having to get into a horse trailer
- Horses who start when there is an unexpected noise
- Reluctance to approach strangers, other horses, etc.
“Fear of worldly things, illness, pain, accidents, poverty, of dark, of being alone, of misfortune. The fears of everyday life. These people quietly and secretly bear their dread, they do not freely speak of it to others.” Dr. Edward Bach ~